We all love a summer holiday. Actually, if we're honest we all love holidays full stop - regardless of the trip being a week in the snow, exploring the Angkor temples in Cambodia, or relaxing on a sun lounger in Puglia.
Image courtesy of: @theloveassembly using the Moisture Shine Lipstick
If you're in planning mode for this year's well deserved getaway, there's a few big decisions coming your way - do you pack that extra pair of shoes, the books you've been wanting to read for months or the jeans you simply can't live without?! It's not easy.
A few handy general tips regarding trip planning and what to pack include:
- Make beauty appointments prior to your holiday for things like a hair colour and cut, having your nails done or a hydrating facial.
- Keep an eye on the long-term weather forecast for your destination. This will definitely help with regards to whether you do pack those favourite jeans, or another bikini!
- Consider in advance the style of travel bags you are going to take with you. For example, if you're going to be on trains a lot - think about lugging that heavy suitcase up and down railway stairs constantly and pack accordingly, or if you've booked a few low-cost flights - airlines can be quite strict regarding the weight of your bags - including the size of your carry-on.
- Remember to pack all toiletries in a waterproof bag, and clear plastic sealable bag with products under 100ml for your carry-on.
- Travel size minis are ideal for make-up, skincare and haircare products - for check-in and carry-on luggage. As an example our Complexion Essentials Starter Kit includes a comprehensive selection of our complexion bestsellers in handy travel sizes and comes with a make-up case.
- Take lots of water for your flight, and a reusable water bottle is an even better idea as you'll be able to use it throughout your trip.
- You can never have too much sunscreen and good hats.
- Adaptors (the correct ones for the countries you're visiting) and chargers for all your devices. Also, make sure you organise a phone plan for the time you're away, or get a local country SIM for your destination. This can be a costly exercise - international roaming charges are sometimes horrendous.
Image courtesy of: @sophiemilner_fs
With the above tips in mind, we've created a list of a few make-up essentials that will be ideal to include in your carry-on, for both long and short haul trips:
BB Cream - That moment when you're about to disembark post a long-haul flight, and you want to feel semi-human - that's when BB cream comes in handy. After you've applied your hydrating skincare products, our Sheer Glow BB Cream is ideal. It's an all-in-one BB cream that instantly enhances the complexion, providing light coverage to even out skin tone, and SPF 8 protection. It's enriched with moisturising ingredients such as Phytomoist and Desert Date Oil, plus the native Australian Kakadu Plum known for its abundant Vitamin C content. BB cream is also lovely to apply with lipgloss post a day at the beach, if you're after a complexion product with lightweight coverage.
Pressed Powder Foundation - If you'd like something that delivers medium to full coverage, especially when you're on the road travelling our Pressed Mineral Cover is a great foundation choice. It's a pressed mineral powder foundation with a matte finish, and best of all it's long-lasting, for up to 8 hours. It's perfect for on-the-go touch ups, composed of active natural ingredients including moisturising Avocado Oil and nourishing Shea Butter plus comes with a mirror compact.
Concealer - Always handy to have on you - whether you're at home, need a quick touch up during the day, or whilst travelling and need to brighten jet-lagged eyes! Our recommendation is the creamy Liquid Mineral Concealer to instantly cover dark circles, disguise puffiness, hyper-pigmentation and blemishes. It's enriched with moisturising ingredients including Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E, plus like all Nude by Nature products it's suitable for sensitive skin.
Finishing Powder - If you're after a finishing powder, to set your make-up and for touch ups during the day, the Pressed Mattifying Mineral Veil helps control shine, naturally extending make-up wear. It's a pressed mineral finishing powder, and enriched with skin nourishing ingredients plus comes with a mirror compact.
Travel Make-up Brush - All of our high quality make-up brushes are cruelty-free and made of ultra-soft synthetic fibres. The retractable Travel Brush is perfect for your make-up bag, it's suitable for powder formulas with short, tightly packed bristles that effortlessly deliver the right amount of formula. It's awesome to take travelling with you as well as in your handbag for any daily touch up needs.
Highlighter - Adding a little shimmer and luminous sheen never hurts - regardless of whether you're going from beach to bar, or from shopping to dinner. Our versatile Touch of Glow Highlight Stick is lightweight and ideal to throw into any type of bag, easy and quick to use plus available in four iridescent shades. It has a glide-on cream-to-powder texture and like all Nude by Nature products its cruelty-free and made with 100% natural ingredients. It's also a multi-purpose make-up product, and can be used on your cheekbones as a highlighter, on your eyes as a shadow, or to top up lips with a little shimmer.
Image courtesy of: @coquettebavarde using our Touch of Glow Highlight Stick
Pressed Eyeshadow - If you'd like to brighten your eyes with some shadow a pressed version such as our Natural Illusion Pressed Eyeshadow is superb for your travel make-up collection. It's compact, and includes a mirror for application plus it's richly pigmented and easy to blend, coming in 12 shade options. Alternatively you may like on of our three Natural Illusion Eyeshadow Trios. Choose between a Nude, Rose or Smoky version, and each then has three richly pigmented shadows and double ended brush for application.
Mascara - A quick application of mascara, and your eyes are immediately more defined and attention grabbing. The Allure Defining Mascara lengthens, separates lashes and intensifies in an instant. It has a buildable formula and is enriched with Pro Vitamin B5 to condition the lashes over time.
Brows - Our Brow Collection includes three products, and although you may not feel like adding a brow product when you're stepping off a long-haul flight, they are excellent to use when you're away, and would like to create a beautiful frame for your eyes. For example take a look at our Precision Brow Mascara. It's a tinted brow mascara that instantly shapes brows, quick to apply and has a buildable formula.
@kristinaamcnabb uses the Precision Brow Mascara
Lips - Dry skin and lips in-flight are pretty much par for the course, so it's definitely a good idea to be prepared with cleansing make-up wipes, hydrating skincare and lip balm to use throughout the flight, and to drink lots of water. If you're after a nourishing lip product for your travel carry on to use throughout your trip, you will like both our Moisture Infusion Lipgloss and the Sheer Glow Colour Balm. Each are enriched with lip nourishing ingredients. The Moisture Infusion Lipgloss smooths and enhances lips with vibrant glossy colour, naturally plumps the appearance of lips, with a non-sticky feel. The Sheer Glow Colour Balm delivers fresh light colour on the go plus conditions for a comfortable wear and has an antioxidant rich formula.
L->R: Moisture Infusion Lipgloss, Lipgloss applied by @nattdesu, Sheer Glow Colour Balm
And now it's time to get packing. We hope you enjoy every minute of your holiday!