Spring has sprung, and that means it’s time for us to toss away our parkas and beanies for another year. Hip hooray!
As we celebrate the return of warmer weather, and look forward to enjoying our first swim in the ocean or the start of daylight savings, it’s also the time we look forward to popular events that take place during Spring and Summer, such as weddings, Christmas parties, Spring Racing Carnival and the fun of New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Peak wedding season is regarded as being from late Spring until early Autumn. Every wedding is special and filled with love, and ideally one that is remembered for a long time. Whether you’re the bride, in the bridal party or a guest, there are a few beauty tips which we think are pretty useful to remember for the big day.
Weddings can be both a mix of day and night events, or just one, and tend to be big, fun days. Being prepared in advance is super important - not least if you are the bride! For pre-wedding skincare, if you’re the bride, it’s worth thinking carefully in advance about your daily skincare routine, and investing in regular facials - to ensure beautiful skin texture and appearance on the day. Plus, a few facials in the lead up to your wedding might be exactly what you need to have a nice relax! If you’re a guest, remember to check the wedding invite, and plan what you’re going to wear according to the specified dress code. On the day of the wedding, it’s a good idea to use a moisturiser with SPF prior to applying any make-up.
In the following we’ve prepared a list of beauty products to use when creating your wedding make-up look:
- Primer: One of the biggest benefits for primer is to help extend make-up wear as well as restoring freshness and disguising skin imperfections. This is exactly what you want your make-up to do at a wedding. It’s recommended to also use an eye primer to tighten and smooth thereby creating an even base for eye make-up application. Discover more about our good for you Airbrush Mineral Primer and Perfecting Eye Primer.
- Foundation: The key with foundation is to use one that is long wearing, comfortable to wear and buildable. The make-up look that you create should work for an all day event, so a highly contoured, heavier look with dramatic, smoky eyes isn’t generally what you’ll see at a day wedding! We recommend our Flawless Liquid Foundation which is a long wearing, liquid foundation that delivers a medium to full coverage with a satin matte finish. Like all Nude by Nature products, it’s formulated with 100% natural ingredients including Kakadu Plum and Bamboo Powder. We also suggest taking the Pressed Mineral Cover in your handbag for make-up touch ups. This pressed mineral powder foundation instantly illuminates the skin with a flawless coverage, contains moisturising, antioxidant ingredients and importantly is long-lasting (up to 8 hours), meaning your coverage will last right till the bride and groom leave!
- Concealer: For any dark circles or puffiness under the eyes, blemishes or skin imperfections, concealer is the product you want in both your at home beauty bag, and in your handbag. Concealers work with your foundation to provide additional coverage and to deliver a smooth, even appearance to the skin. You’ll find concealers come in a few different formats; from a stick, cream, liquid, crayon or cream-to-powder. Concealers can also be used as a base before applying eyeshadow, as a highlighter over cheekbones, brow, chin or nose bridge and to stop lipstick from bleeding. For an event like a wedding, a concealer is ideal to use when creating your look at home, and for any touch ups needed through the day. We recommend our Flawless Concealer. It’s a long wearing, stick concealer that provides full coverage and a satin matte finish. The creamy formula of the concealer expertly camouflages dark circles, pigmentation and imperfections plus is composed of beautiful active natural ingredients such as Bamboo Powder and Quandong.
- Bronzer: Bronzers are used to add warmth, and a natural healthy glow to the cheekbones and contours of the face. You’ll find bronzers in powder, gel, liquid and cream formats. Bronzers shouldn’t be used as a contour, they should instead be used on the areas of your face where the sun would naturally hit your face, like your cheekbones and the contours of your face. You don’t want to overdo the usage of your bronzer as well - you want the finish to look natural, giving you a sun kissed glow. We have two Bronzing products you can check out - either the Mineral Bronzer or Pressed Matte Mineral Bronzer. Both are suitable for all skin types and are mineral powder bronzers, with the results being a healthy sun kissed glow and to add warmth and definition to the complexion. The key differences between the two are that the Mineral Bronzer gives a satin finish whilst as the name indicates the Pressed Matte Mineral Bronzer is pressed, comes with a mirror compact (so is perfect to include in your touch up bag), and delivers a matte finish.
- Finishing Powder: Our Mineral Finishing Veil is a loose mineral finishing powder that sets make-up in a satin matte finish, extends make-up wear, helps control shine (none of us like an oily, shiny face!) and disguises fine lines. You only need to lightly brush the powder over your face, focusing on the T-zone and under the eyes to diffuse dark circles and finish your make-up look. It’s the perfect finishing touch for your complexion!
- Highlight: One additional element you may like to add is Highlight, which is for adding dimension, radiance or luminosity to naturally emphasise facial features. Highlighters are used on the cheekbones, nose, cupids bow, temple and hairline. Our Highlight Palette is a versatile palette for easy highlighting that comes in three shades to deliver warmth, colour and highlight. The lightweight powders are enriched with 100% natural ingredients, including the native Australian Kakadu Plum, known for its abundant Vitamin C content and Jojoba Oil for skin softening and moisturising.
- Eyes: As mentioned above, it’s a good idea to start with an Eye Primer to create an even base for your eye make-up, and to support longer wear. When it comes to creating a make-up look for your eyes that will be perfect for the wedding you are attending, it’s a great idea to emphasise your eyes however it’s suggested to not go too shimmery, dark or bold (a bright yellow eyeshadow probably isn’t going to work!). You want your look to be balanced, and the products to be comfortable for you to wear all day. We recommend using an eyeshadow such as our Natural Illusion Eyeshadow Trio in either Nude or Rose. Each comes with three individual shades, offering the perfecting combination to easily create professional eye looks providing smooth and even colour. You may like to then use a Contour Eye Pencil along the lashes, and smudged to create a soft blurred effect. Final product for the eyelashes is a mascara to give your eyes definition and length. The Allure Defining Mascara intensifies, lengthens and separates lashes plus is buildable giving full colour coverage. To apply, simply run the brush through the lashes from root to tip to add colour and definition.
- Brows: Frame your eyes and make them larger, with brow make-up. Brows that have been shaped and given definition will add a beautiful strength to your overall look. There are a few different brow products to choose for creating a natural, sculpted or bold brow. Two of the products available in our Brow Collection are the Natural Definition Brow Palette and Precision Brow Mascara. Brow powders like those included in our Brow Palette will deliver volume, depth and a sculpted look to your brows. The powders can be used alone or blended together to achieve filled and groomed brows, plus the formula is buildable. Our suggested application method using the Natural Definition Brow Palette is to apply to the brows in small strokes to mimic natural looking hairs. Brush through brows to blend, and then finish with the highlight shade included on the brow bone to brighten the eyes. The Precision Brow Mascara add shape, colour and hold for natural definition. This type of eyebrow product is great to ensure the brows stay put perfectly all day. It’s simple to use, by brushing through hairs in an upward motion following the natural shape of the brow and can be built as required.
- Lips: Lucky last for your make-up look! The shade that you choose is determined by your outfit, accessories, hair and other make-up you’re wearing. If you’re the bride, it doesn’t hurt to have a little colour on the lips, in order to not be too neutral overall; when combining with your wedding gown. A moisturising lipstick is a good idea for a wedding as it will keep your lips looking their best, and wear off more slowly and naturally than a matte finish. One lipstick you therefore will like is our Moisture Shine Lipstick. It’s a colour-rich lipstick with a creamy texture, formulated with lip nourishing ingredients including Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil. It feels super moisturising and comfortable on the lips, and is available in 10 lovely shades ranging from Bare Pink to Mulberry. To help promote longer wear of your lipstick, start with the highly pigmented Defining Lip Pencil which will also act as a base for your lip colour. It’s available in six shades.
- Touch Up Kit: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, having a few make-up products on hand for touch ups throughout the day is essential. Start with blotting paper in your kit, then look to touching up your complexion with a foundation powder such as our Pressed Mineral Cover, or instead the Pressed Mattifying Mineral Veil which is a pressed mineral finishing powder that helps control shine while setting make-up in a satin matte finish are each great options. When it comes to concealer, the Flawless Concealer is perfect and very easy to apply plus you may like to include the Pressed Matte Mineral Bronzer. Your lipstick in the shade you’re wearing is good to have, plus for later in the day, you might want to instead wear a gloss such as the Moisture Infusion Lipgloss which provides full colour coverage, comes in 10 shades and has a non-sticky feel.
If you’re interested in a few of the products we’ve mentioned above, take a look at our current Spring Make-up Kits. They offer incredible value, and each include a large gorgeous selection of our best selling good for you make-up plus brushes from our ergonomically designed make-up brush collection. You can select between either the Spring Make-up Kit or the Spring Discovery Make-up Kit.