When Autumn hits, so generally does dry skin. If you’ve updated your skincare regime to combat the effects of dry skin; including showering with lukewarm rather than hot water, using a heavier moisturiser daily and hydrating by drinking plenty of water, we’ve also got a few tips relating to make-up essentials to help you create your favourite looks for the cooler seasons and for your skin to feel great.
Autumn is the perfect time for warm make-up looks in plum, burgundy and rusty coloured shades to match the season. It’s also the time to consider using slightly different make-up products to the warmer months when we deal with conditions like humidity and the hot sun, prefer wearing lighter weight make-up and our skin is also naturally more tanned.
Here’s Our List of Autumn Make-up Essentials:
- Primer: The perfect beauty product to ensure your make-up lasts all day in all conditions and goes on smoothly. Primer can also help you add moisture to your skin. Our Airbrush Mineral Primer is a silicone-free primer that creates an even, luminous base for application of your make-up. It’s packed with active natural ingredients such as Kakadu Plum known as being the world’s richest source of Vitamin C plus the moisturising Vitamin E which is also rich in antioxidants. To read more about primers, click here to read our recent blog post.
- Liquid Foundation: Staying with the hydrating make-up products theme, it’s a good idea to go with a liquid foundation in Autumn, to help add moisture and to provide extra coverage than you need in Summer. Another tip is to change your foundation shade, as we are naturally darker in the Summer months when we are tanned. Our Liquid Mineral Foundation is a sheer liquid foundation composed of 100% naturally derived skin nourishing ingredients, and it delivers a dewy radiant finish. The hydrating formula helps fight visible signs of ageing and improves your skin’s natural radiance with each application.
- Concealer: As our Summer tan fades, unfortunately skin imperfections and dark circles become more visible. For this reason concealer is an important product to have with you during the cooler months - really, at all times - it’s such a handy make-up product! As per your foundation selection a creamy liquid concealer composed of moisturising ingredients can help avert dry skin during Autumn. You can try our Liquid Mineral Concealer for example. It’s been created to cover dark circles, puffiness and hyper-pigmentation. It’s suitable for all skin types and composed of active natural ingredients including Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E. We recently published a blog post about the benefits of concealer. Click here to read the post.
- Illuminator & Highlighter: Our skin can feel a little dull during Autumn, so it’s nice to be able to use a make-up product specifically for adding radiance and a luminous sheen to brighten the finished look. Two products that are perfectly suited to providing dimension, warmth and a natural glow are illuminators and highlighters. Each create a specific look with highlighters used to deliver a concentrated area of intense colour, whilst illuminators are used across the face to add a beautiful sheen to the skin. The Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator is a light-reflecting liquid illuminator that instantly illuminates and adds a gorgeous luminosity to the skin. It is composed of 100% naturally derived ingredients including Jojoba Oil and soothing Colloidal Oat Extract plus can be used as a base or applied over make-up. One of our most popular highlighter products is the Touch of Glow Highlight Stick. It’s a versatile, easy to use product available in three shades. The glide-on cream-to-powder texture is created using hydrating ingredients such as Vitamin E and Desert Lime.
- Eyes: Finally, we’re on to eyes! Eye make-up is such a brilliant way to brighten up your Autumn look. It’s a good idea to start with an eye primer to create an even base for your eye make-up. You can discover more about our silicone-free Perfecting Eye Primer here. A great way to add colour is with eyeshadow. You may debate creating a plum, olive or darker earthy eye. Check out our Natural Illusion Pressed Eyeshadow which comes in 12 shades and three vibrant finishes; matte, satin and sheen. The richly pigmented and silky smooth texture of this pressed eyeshadow blends effortlessly onto the eyelid providing a smooth even application. You can use it alone for a wash of colour, smudged along the lash line for a smoky look or apply it precisely along the lashes for natural definition. An alternative eye palette to discover more about is the Natural Wonders Eye Palette. One palette with 10 shades, and inspired by Australia’s diverse natural colours, the richly pigmented luminous shades are perfect for creating an endless array of Autumn day-to-night eye looks. Like all Nude by Nature products the Natural Wonders Eye Palette is composed of 100% naturally derived ingredients and cruelty-free. Another way to add definition to your eye make-up look is with an eye pencil. A brown shade is perfect for an Autumn eye. Here we recommend you try our Contour Eye Pencil which is a creamy glide on eye pencil that comes in six shades to complement every eye colour and in two different finishes, matte or sheen. The key ingredient is Macadamia Oil; with benefits including skin softening and soothing. Finish your look off with mascara and you’re ready! Whether it’s a day or night look, the Allure Defining Mascara is a unique vitamin enriched mascara with a buildable formula to create intense definition and length, naturally.